30) James Mason – Sweet Power Collection (Dynamite Cuts) 7″
New label Dynamite Cuts dropped some heavy 7″s at the end of 2017 and what more can we write about James Mason’s sublime ‘Sweet Power’ collection. There’s an exciting schedule lined up for 2018.
29) Tradition – Captain Ganja and The Space Control (Bokeh Versions) LP
A lost album by North london’s Tradition flew out of the door whenever we could get copies because it’s one top album.
28) Powerdance – The Lost Art Of Getting Down (Powerdance) LP
The fist is raised high with the debut album from Powerdance with their modern twist of disco bombs that lifted dancefloors.
27) Various – AOR Global Sounds (1976-1985) (Favorite) 2xLP
The third and in our opinion the best of the AOR Global Sounds series from our French friends at Favorite.
26) Opolopo – Reworks (Version Galore) 12″
We know that Opolopo drops some heavyweight edits and this one is the business with a pairing of boddy disco dazzlers.
25) Control Remote – #2 (HOPED) 12″
In our opinion Control Remote is one of the rising stars of British house and with greater output we can see him going places. This second release by the Remote deserves it’s place within our top 50 with it’s jacking beats alongside a Music cut up.
24) Bell Telephunk – Love Vibrations (SDE) 7″
We’re big fans of Super Disco edits and this double header by Bell Telephunk is in our opinion one of the best soulful double headers of the year.
23) Bosq Meets Poly Rhythm Uptown (Sol Power) 12″
Bosq transforms Poly Rhythm Uptown with beats, brass and bottle that killed the shop’s system whenever it got played.
22) Sibusile Xaba – Open letter To Adoniah (Mushroom House Half Hour) LP
This is one mighty fine subtle and honest collection of South African jazz with Sibusile delivering one of our finest in-stores of the year.
21) Mindstreaming – Conflict 1 (Vodkast) 12″
The mighty Zaf and Phil Asher produced one of our favourite remixes of the year for this release by Mindstreaming on Vodkast.